A man has been sentenced to eight in prison after pleading guilty to sexually assault and distributing indecent images of children.
Ross Patman, 31, appeared at Leicester Crown Court yesterday (Wednesday 21 December) after pleading guilty to the offences at an earlier hearing.
Patman, who used to live in Coalville, but who more recently lived in Repton, Derbyshire, admitted:
• two counts of sexually assaulting a boy under 13 and causing or inciting the same child to engage in sexual activity, between January and December 2015
• a specimen count of causing or inciting several other children under 13 to engage in sexual activity, between January 22 and 28 this year
• three counts of distributing indecent images of children – four Category A images, 26 Category B images and 16 Category C images
• three counts of accessing indecent images of children – 163 Category A images, 505 Category B images and 351 Category C images
• three counts of causing or inciting a 10-year-old boy to engage in sexual activity, via the internet, between October 3 and 10 this year
When he’s released Patman will be on license for six years, will be the subject of a Sexual Harm Prevention Order and will have to sign the Sex Offenders Register.
Detective Constable Patrick Cleall, who led the investigation, said: “Patman is a dangerous offender who has admitted to looking at and distributing indecent images of children, as well as taking advantage of young boys.
“I am pleased Patman pleaded guilty to all offences, saving the victims and their families the trauma of sitting through a trial.
“Some of Patman’s offences involved the grooming of youngsters on the internet, and I would urge all parents to be aware of who their children are talking to online – particularly at this time of year with new phones, tables and games consoles high on the list of Christmas gifts.”
Source:: Leicestershire Police News