A 20 year old man from Risca has been handed a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) for his anti-social behaviour.
Justin Heggie was handed the two year order which will come into effect as of today, Friday 23rd December 2016.
The orders give authorities another tool to deal with individuals who may behave in an anti-social way or be engaged in criminal activity.
The order replaces the old Criminal Anti-Social Behaviour Order (CRASBO). The order that given to Justin Heggie has the following conditions:
1. Not to engage in conduct which causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress to any person within Caerphilly County Borough Council.
2. Not to enter Blackwood Bus Station except for the purpose of catching a bus.
3. Where he enters Blackwood Bus station he is not to remain there for any period in excess of 30 minutes.
4. He is not to be present in Blackwood Bus Station or Blackwood High Street whist intoxicated.
5. Must not consume alcohol whilst present at Blackwood Bus Station, Blackwood Market Place or Blackwood High Street.
Blackwood and Risca Crime and Disorder Reduction Officer, PC Adam Lang said: “We are committed to making Blackwood a safer place and enforcing this order is a part of that. Local residents and users of Blackwood Bus Stop have had to suffer from Heggie’s bad behaviour over recent months and we are pleased that this CBO has been given to give them some relief.
“Anyone who sees Justin Heggie breaching this order in any way can contact us straight away on 101 or in an emergency by dialling 999. Thanks to members of the public for their support.”
Source:: Gwent Police News