Twelve men have been handed Criminal Behaviour Orders (CBO) prohibiting them from entering certain areas of Spinney Hill, Leicester.
In June last year, thirteen men were convicted for conspiring to commit violent disorder and jailed for a combined total of more 13 years.
Ten of the thirteen men have since been released from prison and are now the subject of five year CBOs.
- Bilal Khan, 21, of London Road, Leicester
- Hamza Khan, 19, of Jellicoe Road, Leicester
- Juraat Khan, 21, of Wakerley Road, Leicester
- Zakir Brant, 21, of Jellicoe Road, Leicester
- Ejaz Gul, 25, of Beaconsfield Road, Leicester
- Mohammed Gul, 22, St Saviours Road, Leicester
- Talha Ingar, 20, of Prestwold Road, Leicester
- Suhail Ingar, 21, Prestwold Road, Leicester
- Yassin Adam, 23, of St Peters Road, Leicester
- Mohammed Hansrod, 24, formerly of Abbey Street, Leicester now of no fixed abode
The order prohibits the men entering the areas marked in red (see map).
Talha Sarfudin, 20, of Mere Road, Leicester and Mohammed Taib, 21, of Mercury Close, Leicester, are currently serving their sentences and are due to be released from prison in August 2017. They will then be the subject of CBOs.
Sergeant Nigel Baraclough of East Leicester Neighbourhood Policing Area, said: “These individuals caused unrest within the local community. The fact that they and their families lived in the area meant nothing to them. We are pleased that the courts have supported our applications to issue Criminal Behaviour Orders and we hope that this reassures the community.
“Those living and working in the area can help us enforce these CBOs by reporting any breaches to the police on 101. If you believe that these individuals have entered the area in which they are prohibited, then get in touch.”
If anyone has any concerns about crime or anti-social behaviour in the Spinney Hill area they are asked to contact the police on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
Source:: Leicestershire Police News